Thursday, December 31, 2009

New York City's Famous Times Square

Happy New Year!  I cannot believe it's almost 2010. I also cannot imagine what it will be like tonight when everyone starts gathering in Times Square for the New Year.  It will be amazing!

I went to New York City a couple of days ago and I could barely walk through the crowds in Times Square.  I don't know how many times I said excuse me, but after a while it feels unnecessary because you get bumped a million times.  I guess it's expected.  It's so ridiculously crowded!  I love the energy of the city.  There are so many people who travel to New York, just for tonight.




It's not easy finding a parking spot in New York.  There are parking garages solely devoted for parking, which can run up to $48 dollars or as low as $14.00 depending on the location.  There is one parking garage I'd recommend.  It's near the Lion King in Times Square and it's only about $14.00 for 1 or 2 hours.

Tonight, I'm sure everything will be blocked off though, so I was told that catching the train would be the best option.  Even though it will take hours to get home because of all the people! There are lights everywhere and total chaos. I love it. It's no wonder New York City is referred to as "the city that never sleeps."









After parking the car, we walked Times Square and it was so exciting!  There were SO many people - everywhere.  The one thing I really love about New York is that it truly is a melting pot.  People from around the world are in New York and there's so much the city has to offer too.












While we were walking, my hands were freezing. I thought I could tolerate the cold, but it was painful.  I bought mittens for $5.00 from a vendor.  They sell all sorts of winter accessories on the street - Thank goodness.

My hands were still freezing, but luckily I started to warm up. 





I really, really, really want to see the ball drop in Times Square, at least once in my life.  I don't know how long I'll be able to last outside, but it's worth a try.  Maybe one day ... I'm just happy to have had the chance to walk around Times Square and to see what it's all about.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails