Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co - Ala Moana, Hawaii

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at Ala Moana Shopping Center is the perfect place to embarrass my husband.  Twice already, he's been embarrassed after his friend's decided to play a prank on him.  Of course, it had to happen again this year!

Last year, his friends told the wait staff at Bubba Gumps that it was his birthday and he just turned 18 (yeah right)!  My husband had no clue what was going on, as the staff told him to get up and shake his butt.  When they pointed at him, he was utterly clueless, saying it wasn't his birthday, but no one listened - of course.  It was all in the ploy!  They put a metal caged vest on him, as we all sang an embarrassing birthday song loudly in the restaurant with the staff, while we scraped knives against his metal vest for fun. It was a good laugh. 

Last night, we headed out to Bubba Gumps again.  It was the end of the semester and the perfect time to celebrate.  However, my unsuspecting husband, didn't realize it would happen to him again, at the same restaurant for his so-called 19th Birthday!  "Is he really 19?" a staff member quietly asked. 

"I heard it's someone's birthday!!!!!!!!!!" yelled the waitress.  Then, she yelled for everyone in the restaurant to listen up, as staff members and our entire table proceeded in embarrassing him again, a fun event we all look forward to.  "Shake your butt!" the waitress yelled, as my husband shaked.  "Oh geez," my husband commented.  If he wasn't red by now, I would be surprised. "Hey, hey it's your birthday!"  Finally, once the singing was finished, we all laughed, as he was given a sundae birthday treat to celebrate.

Bubba Gumps is the funniest place ever to take someone for their birthday, especially if you want to have a good laugh. 









The food is also good.  I remember eating there once years ago.  I had a dish that came in a bucket.  There was broth inside with seafood.  I really wanted to eat that dish last night, but I didn't see it on the menu.  I selected what I thought was that dish, but it turned out to be something totally different.

I ordered the "Bucket of Boat Trash." It came in a bucket alright, but no broth. There was fried shrimp, fish, and 2 lobster claws, and fries in the bucket. There was also a side of coleslaw and two dipping sauces (cocktail and butter). It cost about $20.00, which I didn't think was worth it! It was pretty good, but I wouldn't order it again. I don't think I'm a big fan of lobster either. It tastes weird to me. The fried shrimp was excellent though!








My husband ordered a fried fish sandwhich, which he absolutely loved.  He also ordered a pina colada, which was incredible (even without the alcohol).  I ordered the berry smoothie.  I'd definitely stick with the pina colada next time though!  It was amazing.







Of course, I can't forget the onion rings!  They disappeared faster than I could take a photo!  Very tasty.




I also heard the hamburger is pretty good, although I've never tried it!



Bubba Gumps is a great place to go if you like seafood, especially if you like fried foods!  For birthdays, you can also mortify your friend(s).  At Bubba Gumps, it's easy to have a great time!  It's a very casual restaurant with friendly wait staff.  I barely eat at Bubba Gumps, but it's nice once in a while to enjoy a meal there.


2 comments:

  1. Did they really make Dalin shake his butt? Hilarious. =)
    What's with all of the chain restaurants? Try some hole-in-the-wall places. Might be better than you expect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he really had to shake his butt. It was so funny. Yeah, i'll definitely try some hole in the wall places. Thanks Lorie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails