Friday, March 26, 2010

Fresh Tomato Salsa

I just came back from an intensive workout.  Now, I'm ready to pass out.  I can barely move my arms, my butt hurts, and I don't know how I will be able to walk tomorrow.  In class, the teacher is wonderfully mean, which is the perfect combination for a fitness class.  I absolutely love it.  I am pushed to my max.  In fact, even if you are in pain, you cannot quit or else you'll be called out.  It really helps you to keep going! 

After an intensive work out though, it's always nice to eat a healthy snack.  Fresh Tomato salsa is such a great side dish for your health.


Fresh Tomato Salsa


4 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped (2 cups)
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (1/2 medium)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lemon juice
t tablespoon lime juice
1 large jalapeno chile, seeded, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
Tortilla chips, as desired

1.  In medium nonmetal bowl, mix all ingredients except tortilla chips.  Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.

2.  Serve with tortilla chips.  Cover and refrigerate any remaining salsa up to 5 days.

The Fresh Tomato Salsa recipe is from Pillsbury's Fast & Fresh Salads magazine.  There will be more to come from this magazine for all of you who want to eat better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails