Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fook Yuen Seafood Restaurant - Hawaii

Fook Yuen Seafood Restaurant
Rate: 4/5

Tonight, I ate at Fook Yuen Seafood Restaurant, located at McCully Shopping Center in Honolulu, Hawaii.  I've passed the restaurant a million times, but I never ate there until tonight.  I was pleasantly surprised by the food I ate tonight.  Not only does the restaurant offer a number of choices, the food is better than most Chinese restaurants I've visited.  It's a GREAT place to eat Chinese food and it's reasonable too.  I would highly recommend Fook Yuen Seafood Restaurant to tourists and locals alike.  However, be warned that serivce can be a bit slow.  It's packed inside!


Wontons with sweet and sour dipping sauce.  I didn't expect to eat miniature wontons, but they were tasty.

Seabass fillet with vegetables.  A absolute must try.  It's garlic infused and I would order it again without hesitation.  Out of all the dishes, I would recommend the Seabass fillet with vegetables.

Seafood Fried Rice ... I would have ordered the pineapple fried rice if it was up to me.  I thought they made a mistake at first because it didn't seem like it was a seafood fried rice.  It had some shrimp and scallops, but it seemed like a typical fried rice. It was good though.
S

Garlic Lobster Stir-Fry.  I noticed a lot of people were eating lobster tonight. Personally, I don't like lobster, but tonight I can actually say that I enjoyed it. It was moist and flavorful.

I'm still stuffed from eating about two hours ago.  The portions were huge, but the prices reasonable.  For all the food purchased, it only cost $47.00, which is a lot less than I thought I would end up paying tonight.  The food at Fook Yuen in my opinion is much better than many Chinese restaurants that I've been to - really.  I would recommend Fook Yuen, especially if you love seafood.  There are so many options too!

The service can be a bit slow.  It took quite sometime to get our food, as we got one dish, then the second, then the third.  The wait staff was polite, but if you are impatient, you may want to go when there's less people.  Fortunately, the restaurant stays open late.

If you do have a chance to eat there, let me know how you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails