Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nestle Toll House Famous Fudge

I've made several types of fudge, but today's recipe is from one of my favorite desert books:  Nestle Toll House's Semi-Sweet Morsels "Best-Loved Recipes."

I'm having a hard time thinking about what I really want to make for tomorrow.  I really want to make a pie, but I'm feeling a little lazy about heading to the store.  I made fudge because it's easy and it tastes good, but I'm now wondering if I should make one more desert.  I really want to. Tomorrow at work, we'll be making lunch and I really want to add a desert to the meal.

For now, I hope you enjoy this simple recipe. 


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup (5-fluid-ounce can ) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Line 8-inch square baking pan with foil.

Combine sugar, evaporated milk butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan.  Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 mintues.  Remove from heat.


STIR in marshmallows, morsels, nuts and vanilla extract.  Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.  Pour into prepared baking pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Lift from pan; remove foil.  Cut into pieces.  (Makes 49 pieces)





I can't wait to try the fudge.  It was unusual to add in marshmallows, but hopefully it will add a unique flavor to the fudge.  There are a lot more ingredients and steps in this fudge recipe compared to other one's I've made.  I hope it turns out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails