Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mix Plate Cafe - Vietnamese and American Food

On Monday, I ate at MixPlateCafe, across from Honolulu Community College on Dilingham.  (It's where the old SPOTS used to be).

Now, newly renovated, MixPlateCafe is a clean and comfortable place to enjoy a nice lunch or dinner.  The service is great too.  I love places with good service and friendly people. 

For those of you who love Vietnamese food, here's another great place to try.  Every Vietnamese restaurant is a little different from the next, so it's always fun finding the next best place.  The hours are also wonderful.  There aren't very many restaurants open past 9 p.m. in Hawaii, so MixPlateCafe will be a new place for me to stop by at night to eat dinner.



It's nice inside and there's also entertainment - 2 large, flat screen T.V.s

Combination Pho

Seafood Egg Noodle Soup

Spring Rolls

Pork and Shrimp Salad

Pho is an "easy" Vietnamese food to eat.  It's a great, comforting soup with very mild flavors.  It's one of the most popular Vietnamese dishes around and if you haven't tried it yet, you need to.  It's that good! However, if you always eat Pho and would like to try something else, give Seafood Egg Noodle Soup a shot!  Egg noodles add a distinct touch to soup, which I'm sure you will enjoy. 

I thought the Seafood Egg Noodle soup was really good at MixPlateCafe, but I liked the Pho even more.  My husband, on the other hand, thought it was too oily and prefers other locations.  (It really does depend on personal preference).  I would've traded my soup for his because I really liked it.   I'll have to try MixPlateCafe again to be a better judge of the food.

It's funny because I thought the food at MixPlateCafe tasted a bit unique and different than other Vietnamese restaurants, which is why I can't judge the food as quickly.  I will return to try more items, but I did enjoy the food a lot because it was different. 

If you check it out, let me knwo what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails