Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An American Classic - Oatmeal Raisin

It was a long day of hard work!  There's nothing like unwinding at home...

At the moment, I'm baking Oatmeal Raisin cookies - a classic.  A co-worker of mine really wanted Oatmeal Raisin, so I had planned to make it for a couple of weeks now.  He's helped me a lot these past few weeks, showing me the ropes, so the least I could do is bake him his favorite!

Here's a recipe from Sun Maid Raisins (click on link below):

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe

I must be very tired!  I added a little too much milk (3/4 cup more), then a pinch too much of baking soda to my batch of cookies, but luckily things are A-OK.  I noticed my cookies were "sizzling" too, but it appears to be normal.  It's my first time making oatmeal raisin (suprisingly).  I'm more of a chocolate chip girl, but these oatmeal raisin cookies are already inspiring me to come up with my own cookie creation. 

I was suppossed to enter a cookie contest this past weekend, but I couldn't think of a recipe in time! Now, it's my goal to finally come up with my own cookie for the next contest. 

I remember when I was in college, my sister entered a cookie contest.  You could see some of the competitors sizing up the competition, walking around to see what types of cookies others had.  I never thought a cookie contest could be so intense!  One of the ladies sitting nearby offered my sister and I some cookies she made. I pretended to enjoy the cookie, but it was the worst cookie I've ever had in my life.  In fact, it scared me to eat it because it didn't taste like it should be edible. My sister took a bite and mumbled, "I can't eat this cookie..." as she quickly hid it into her backpack to avoid being rude.  "Isn't it good?" the lady asked.  All I could say was, "Yeah, it's great.  What did you make it from?"  Till this day, I wonder.

Well, the Oatmeal Raisin recipe is a classic you'll enjoy.  There are quite a few ingredients though!


You can't forget the raisins!

After scooping all the dough to make 3 dozen cookies ...

Ready to bake batch #1

A plate of Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

After baking the cookies, I finally had a chance to try one and I love it.  The Sun Maid Raisin cookie recipe is a keeper. 

Besides finding an awesome recipe from Sun Maid, I also learned a little bit about cookies today ...

It's my first time making Oatmeal Raisin.  I really hope my co-worker enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails