Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Easiest Pie Ever - Pecan Pie!

I decided I would make a pie today - a pecan pie.  I know I mentioned how lazy I felt today about heading to the store, so I decided to make a pie based on the ingredients I had on hand.  What could be easier than a pecan pie? I can't believe how easy it is to make one.  It's unbelievable.  It takes only 5 minutes to mix the 6 ingredients together.  Then, you pour mixture into a deep dish pie shell and bake for about an hour.  How easy is that?  My dad could even do this.



Ingredients:

1 cup Karo light corn syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups (6 oucnes) pecans
1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust

Stir the first 5 ingredients thoroughly using a spoon.  Mix in the pecans.



Pour into pie crust.



Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.  Cool for 2 hours.  Store pie in refrigerator.

TIPS:  Pie is done when center reaches 200F.  Tap center surface of pie lightly; it should spring back when done.  For easy clean-up, spray pie pan with cooking spray.  If pie crust is over-browning, cover edges with foil.

Well, I wish I could show you the end result, but it's baking at the moment.  I guess this will be the dessert for tomorrow's lunch! I'm not sure how pecan pie tastes, but I hope it's good. 

As I wait for it to finish baking, I can now sit back and watch T.V. .... I may have to make pecan pie more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails