Monday, March 19, 2012

Week Two in Japan

I can't believe I'm going into week two in Japan!

Now, reality is starting to hit me.

It's such a challenge when everything is culturally and linguistically different.

The Japanese people are REALLY nice, polite, and quiet.  At least the one's I've been running in to ... If it wasn't for all the nice people who assisted me, I'd be stressed out.

I could not figure out how to use the computer at school.  I felt so computer illiterate.  It didn't help that everything was in Japanese or that things are run so differently.

I wanted to use the computer at the library, so that I could print a document.  However, I had to fill out a form to use the computer and discovered that it does not print anyway, so I had to go to another building across campus.  However, I had to bug another million more people to figure things out.

I'm always bugging people here.  I'm so glad that I can at least communicate (somewhat) with people here.  It's not always easy, but I've been managing.

My poor friendly barely knows any Japanese.  It really isn't easy to live here if you don't know Japanese, so we've been working in teams, helping each other out.

Fortunately, my day ended with a nice dinner among new friends at my apartment complex.  I've been meeting a lot of interesting people from around the world.

I ate a gratin with meat sauce for 299 yen tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails