Monday, January 18, 2010

From Betsy Ross's House to the Liberty Bell - Philadelphia, PA

After touring Betsy Ross's home, we walked down the road to find the liberty bell, where I noticed a ton of interesting things.

On the way to the liberty bell, we passed the Quaker Meeting House ... Betsy Ross and other notable figures used to meet here frequently.  There's a ton of history here!




If this isn't Ben Franklin, I'm not sure who it is, but I thought it was pretty cool, so I had to snap a photo!



Wow ... Hoopskirts!


A souvenir shop


A walk down a historic street from Betsy Ross's House to the Liberty Bell only takes about 5-10 minutes.  It's not very far at all.


 Let me tell you ... this flag is humongous!  It's the biggest flag I've seen.


The Liberty Bell is now in the building before this one feautured below.  Before entering, you have to walk through a metal detector and your bag will be searched if it's bulky, as I remember.



As we walked towards the building housing the liberty bell, I noticed a woman in a fur coat.  I had to take a picture as she passed by because it's the weirdest thing to me.  Being from Hawaii, no one wears fur coats. It seems classy, yet too cruel to wear. 



A ton of info is available inside ...


There's so much history to see in Philadelphia


Finally, reaching the building with the Liberty Bell ... Inside, it's pretty crowded.








I never realized how so many international figures also stop by Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell.


It's really busy at the Liberty Bell!  There are tons of people.  After waiting for quite sometime, I noticed people come in waves, so catch a photo before the next wave of people hits because it's not easy to squeeze a photo in unless you don't mind strangers in your pictures.


The Liberty Bell is a lot smaller than I imagined and the crack is a lot bigger than I thought.








It was a lot of fun visiting the Liberty Bell.  There really is a lot to see in Philadelphia!  If only I had more time, I'd spend days touring the city.  I'd also comment more on the liberty bell, but I didn't get a chance to really soak in much information because it was so crowded!  I did enjoy visiting the Liberty Bell though.  It's history and something to see for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails