Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chicken Soup with Coagulated Blood

While on vacation, I was not only exposed to, but I tried a lot of foods I never thought I would - ever.  Frog legs, crayfish, and arctic clams are nothing!  It was  just the begining ...

In the morning, I was worried about the meal I knew I would soon eat.  Coagulated blood? Oh my gosh!  I didn't know if I could, but I knew I had to or else I might come across a being disrespectful towards another culture. I imagined my soup being bloody.  Dread slowly creeped up inside, as I tried to repeat to myself "you can do it!"

My newphew yelled, "I'm not eating that!" 

I wish I could say the same.  I thought to myself, "Do I have to too? Is there another soup without the blood??  Pleeeese, tell me there is." 

And to my surprise, chicken soup with coagulated blood isn't what I thought it was.  It didn't make my soup bloody.  In fact, it's blocks of blood I easily removed from my soup.

 I'm not that picky, but there are somethings I just can't eat!  However, the chicken soup was incredible, after I removed the chunks of blood from it. 

Here's the soup!

There's nothing like vegetables and herbs to add to your chicken soup.



Bread


Chicken for the soup


The coagulated blood!!


The soup ... It's not the most pleasant photo.  I forgot to take a picture, so I took one of someone's left overs.  It really is an amazing chicken soup.  Fortunately, if you don't eat blood, take it out like I did!  People will understand. You'll at least get to enjoy an incredible chicken soup, blood free! Thank Goodness ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails