Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ninnikuya Garlic House Restaurant - Waialae, Hawaii

I know I've written about Ninnikuya Garlic Restaurant before, but I went again for the third time.  I had a great time among friends the other night and I enjoyed the food at Ninnikuya immensely.  Ninnikuya truly is the perfect place  for any garlic lover wanting good quality food and large portions.  All of us shared food and had a chance to try a number of dishes, which added to the whole experience.  Our waiter was wonderful and the food arrived quickly on our tables.

Sunday night is the perfect time to eat there because it's not busy, so you get great food fast and top-notch service.  I'm glad we chose Sunday night!

There's parking behind the restaurant, but it is limited.  I would highly recommend you car pool.  At Ninnikuya Restaurant, you will feel as if you are stepping inside of someone's home if you enter from the back entrance.  But don't worry.  You are in the right place!



Inside, the restaurant is decorated with natural simplicity.  There are several Japanese lanterns scattered throughout the restaurant, while the furnishings are mostly made of natural wood.  The lights are dim and there are plants scattered throughout the patio, creating a relaxing atmosphere.



If you plan to go to Ninnikuya Restaurant, you won't be disappointed by their food.  There are a number of options to choose from and for those of you with gluten allergies and/or celiac disease, there are 4 dishes you will be able to enjoy - worry free.  Enjoy!

All of us ordered something different, so we had a chance to try many interesting dishes.  Here's what we indulged in ... 

Tomato Mozzarella

Garlic Fried Rice - Perfect for those who love roasted garlic!

French Onion Soup

Seafood Crab Cakes - the best!

Avocado and Ahi Salad (Gluten Free)

Shichimi Salmon with Vegetables

Tiger Prawn Pasta

Sizzling Steak being prepared with garlic cloves



For the first time in my life, I also tried a tiny sliver of Foie Gras.  I felt guilty for eating it, now knowing what it is, but it sure can fool you with such a fancy name!  It had a fatty, smooth taste.  The bread was good, as well as the fruit sauce, but I am definitely not a Foie Gras kind of girl!  I now understand why it may be called "sinfully delicious" to those who enjoy it. 

If you are interested in dessert, they offer a variety of sorbets and also have garlic ice cream!  They ran out of the garlic ice cream while we there, as it's a popular selling item.  But maybe next time, we'll get a chance to try it.

I had an interesting night and it was fun being among friends, sharing a nice meal at Ninnikuya Garlic Restaurant.  It's one of those unique places that you have to try! For those of you interested in having dinner at Ninnikuya, here's the address:

3196 Wai'alae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96805

It's not hard to miss once you drive up Waialae Avenue because there are blue christmas lights that decorate the entrance. 

Have a good time!

3 comments:

  1. cool restaurant! it does look like a house. wow the restaurants name literally means garlic house haha. ニンニク屋

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love garlic! This place looks so good - I'm going to add it to my list of places I have to go to when I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you definitely would love this place! =) When you visit Hawaii, stop by Ninnikuya. There's so much great food.

    Kyle, actually, I think I might've accidentally added house. I just removed it. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails