Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cherry-Topped Lemon Cheesecake Pie

Happy Mother's Day!  For my mom, I made a Cherry-Topped Lemon Cheesecake Pie.  The recipe is from a pamphlet titled "Creating Magic Moments."  It has some of the best holiday desserts inside and is a pamphlet I have relied on for years, especially as I first learned to bake.

Growing up, I loved Cherry-Topped Lemon Cheesecake Pie.  I used to make it for my family all of the time.  It is one of the easiest and fastest cheesecakes around.  There's no baking required and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare.

Cherry-Topped Lemon Cheesecake Pie is more of a "wet" cheesecake, not the typical dry one that is oftentimes served at cafes.  It will not turn hard, but has more of a creamy, pudding-like cosistency.  It has a subtle lemon taste, while the cherries added on top enhances the unique combination of flavors.

Unfortuately, I bought the wrong type of cherries, so in my photo, it looks a bit weird.  It should look like cherry pie filling on top and not whole dark cherries. 

Ingredients
1 (6 oz) Keebler Ready Crust, Graham Cracker Crust
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (Not Evaporated Milk)
1/4 cup ReaLemon Lemon Juice from Concentrate
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (14 oz) can cherry pie filling

Instructions
1.  With mixer, beat cheese until fluffy.  Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.  Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.  Pour into crust.







2.  Chill at least 3 hours.

3.  Top with pie filling.  Refrigerate leftovers.



I bought the wrong cherries, as you can see, but it still tasted good.

Tip:  Add whipped cream or other garnish as desired.

When I was putting all the ingredients together, I noticed a part of the ingredients had been torn from the page, but I was easily able to estimate the proper measurements.  I tasted it and it is just like the cheesecake I remember growing up with!  I love it.  I can't wait to share this dessert with my family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails