Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve Hawaii - II


For all of you who read my previous post on Hanauma Bay, here's an update.  It will cost $7.00 to now enter the nature preserve unless you are a Hawaii resident or are a member of the US Armed Forces stationed in Hawaii.  It's a small price to pay for one of the best snorkeling spots in Hawaii.

You'll still have to watch the safety video prior to entering and can come and go into the bay as you please, as long as you receive a stamp on your hand before exiting.  Sign your name to the list if you plan on returning within the year.  If you need assistance, there' an information booth on the beach  Also, if you don't want to buy snorkeling gear, you can rent out equipment for a low cost.  Other than that, just remember to be safe and have fun.

I went to Hanauma Bay about a week or two ago to snorkel.  I didn't see as many fish as usual, but I had a chance to spot a green sea turtle.  I really love visiting Hanauma Bay because it's beautiful and relaxing to snorkel there.  Although there can be enormous amounts of people at times, to the point where you are almost colliding with others as you snorkel, it is a breathtaking location you should not miss. 

I would really love to try night snorkeling sometime too since I heard it's available during certain times of the month.  It will be a bit scary, but also memorable and fun.













If you visit Hanuama Bay, you may want to bring an underwater camera.  Also, as a reminder, don't step on the coral or mess with any of the marine life, especially the turtles.  It's illegal to harrass turtles, which are protected by law. 

Have a good time!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post =) On the night snorkeling though, will there be a lot of people with you there too? I can imagine what you mean by it being a bit scary at night =) I don't know if that would help a bit either, but at least you wouldn't be alone or with just a handful of people in the dark and cool waters in the Bay at night. But, I think its doable =) I like reading you blogs by the way =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment =) I hope there will be a lot of people, but I don't know how many would want to go night snorkeling. LOL If there's at least one or two more people, I think i'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I remember when we used to be able to feed the fish. Times have changed since then huh. I've heard that there are way less fish than there were 15 years ago. Still, I'm glad the experience was good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyle! Yep, a lot less fish. It seems like there's less and less, each time I go. I only saw a handful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails