Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Yard House - Waikiki, Hawaii

While at Waikiki, I had to stop at the Yard House.  I've been to the Yard House once before with family and it was great!  I knew I had to go back to indulge.

It can get very busy in the Yard House, so we called the restaurant to see what the wait time would be before heading out.  It was nearly 30-40 minutes, which was a perfect walk to the restaurant from our hotel.  Once we got to the restaurant, we didn't have to wait too long to be seated.




The Yard House has a restaurant/sports bar atmosphere.  There's a bar with 100 plus varities of beer on tap.  For you beer lovers, the Yard House is the perfect place for you to try beers from around the world.  There are even unusual beers that you cannot find anywhere else! 

There's also table seating, which will accomodate a large group of friends or family. 

During the weekend, I wanted to try something other than the usual.  I ordered the artichoke dish with "home made" chips.  The artichoke was unusual. Since I was unexperienced in eating artichoke, I had to ask the waiter for help. 

"You have to peel the leaves off.  Start from the back, peel, and eat what's on the bottom of the leaf," was his explanation on how to eat artichoke.  I felt funny eating it because I had no idea what I was suppossed to be eating.  In fact, I think I ate a ton of leaf.  It was flavorless and unusual.  Eventually, I noticed a white substance that had a different taste on the bottom of the leaves, so I'm assuming that's the "meat" of the artichoke.  It was bizzarre.  The chips and dip were great through!


Chicken wings are always yummy!  My husband wanted fire-hot wings, but there's only one type availabe.  They sure were good.  My husband was more than satisfied.



If you like blue crab, there's a blue crab sandwich at the Yard House that won't disappoint!  It was REALLY good.  My husband couldn't stop raving about the blue crab sandwich he ordered.  I'm suprised he offered me a bite.


I ordered the Jambalaya with pasta.  It's a Yard House favorite and I can see why!  Out of all the dishes I've tried, this is one of my favorite.  The flavor shocked my taste buds.  It was soooooo unbelievably good!




If you haven't been enticed to eat at the Yard House yet, check out the menu!  My mom is one of the pickiest people on the planet and even she likes the Yard House. 

Next time you're in Waikiki, you have to try the Yard House to see for yourself! I guarantee you'll love it!

*Note:  Gluten-free options are available.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a beer drinker. And this place is heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a beer drinker. And this place is heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? LOL I love this place. I'd like to try some of their drinks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails