Monday, November 9, 2009

Travel & Save A Little Cash!

I cannot believe it's almost Thanksgiving and it's hard to imagine Christmas approaching too!  It seems as if the older I get, the faster time slips by and I'm only 27 years old!  I want to make every moment count.

I've thought a lot about what I'd like to do for the holiday season.  Of course, we'll spend time with family - it's priority. But for the New Year, we definitely want to do something more than the ordinary!  At first, I was obsessed with the idea of celebrating New Year's eve in Times Square.  However, my husband didn't seem too thrilled with the idea.  The thought of crowds, hours of waiting in line, and being cold aren't his idea of having a nice New Year's eve.  We decided on a compromise.  Canada.

I would absolutely love to go to Canada!  I really hope we do, although I have a feeling we'll end up elsewhere.  We will be flying to New York City though!  I'm excited to go and  to have booked the tickets today.  We'll be spending some time with family on the East Coast.  I also saved a ton of money by shopping for the best rates through MSN.

One travel website i've always found reliable is EXPEDIA.  For the last couple of years, I've been using Expedia because I seem to get the best rates and great service too.  At the moment, there's no booking fees. I also earn "Thank You Points" whenever I book a hotel.  From time-to-time, you can also receive travel coupons.  I will receive a $200 coupon for my next travel.  However, you definitely have to shop around for these deals!  Although Expedia may work for me, it may not be the best for you.  Find what suites you the best.

For those of you who are looking to save some money, try a search engine that will allow you to compare the best rates.  Also, adjust your travel days to save money.  We are flying to New York to save costs.  In fact, we will save nearly $400 by flying to New York first.  Then, we'll have to drive to our destination, which will only take 3 hours.  It's a sweet deal.  Also, I adjusted our travel dates to find the best rates, which saved us another $500.  If you ask me, that's a lot of money saved!  I kept costs to a minimum! If not, I couldn't afford to travel.

If you go to the MSN website (http://www.msn.com/) and click on the Airfare and Travel section, it will compare a number of airline prices to find you the most affordable flights around.  Then, you can decide on the travel website you like the best.  There's a ton out there!

Also, a flight that stops 1 or 2 times will save you money too.  It's all about finding the best rates with the right tips and tools.

Try it sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails