Monday, July 27, 2009

Hawaii Hot Dog Eating Contest

While walking towards Don Quijote, a supermarket here in Hawaii, I happened to notice a huge crowd. I wondered what was going on and decided to find out! I saw a videographer and several photographers. At first, I thought maybe, just maybe it could be someone famous! However, as I got closer, I saw contestants lined in a row in front of a long table. There were hot dogs in trays in front of each contestant and bottled water.

Contestants were given 10 minutes to eat as many hot dogs as possible. The winner earns a trip to Chicago.



The winner ate 18 hot dogs in 10 minutes!




I'm not sure who hurled, but someone did puke! One of the guys looked like he was going to hurl. Minutes later, I heard the crowd roar in disgust. I'm glad I didn't actually see him puke.



Suprisingly, one of the news stations came out for the event!




The contest was pretty interesting ... I wonder who will actually win at the national level! It seems like the skinny people somehow manage to win. I guess we'll see!

I definitely couldn't do it. Hot dogs gross me out. I give those guys a lot of credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails