Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blow Hole, Hawaii

Halona Blow Hole, on the south shore of the island of Oahu is a scenic spot you'll definitely want to take pictures at!

During the summer months, you may be able to see Molokai and Lanai in the distance. I didn't see another island from a far, but I did get a glimpse of a green sea turtle swimming!

Since it's the summertime, the waters are much more calm. Luckily, I still had the chance to see water shoot upwards through the blow hole, even though I'm sure it would be even more spectacular with larger waves.

It took me quite some time to get photos of water shooting through blow hole, but I waited until I could finally catch even the smallest glimpse! I felt totally satisfied afterwards with what I had captured.



When stopping at blow hole, one may notice the beautiful scenery. On the right, one can see Halona Beach Cove. You might be wondering "How do you get down to the beach?" You have to climb down!



Watching a couple people, including children, climb up the cliffside made me a bit nervous. They sure are brave!





Another beach one can see from Blow Hole is Sandy Beach. Although it might look enticing to go into the water, I would not recommend it unless you are an experienced swimmer familiar with the area. It is a great place to take pictures at, but not a safe one to swim at!

As you can tell, the area is quite dangerous for swimmers, but it sure is one of the most beautiful places on the island! The scenery can be mesmerizing.



Enjoy the scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails