Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Old Spaghetti Factory - Hawaii

It's been a while since I ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory.  In fact, I haven't eaten there since high school and I've only eaten there once since then.  I remember the food being average, but for some reason I always wanted to return.  I thought I'd give the Old Spaghetti Factory another try.

Inside, the Old Spaghetti Factory looks haunted with its lavish, antique decor.  It is a bit spooky, yet has a comforting atmosphere that begs you to return.  It's hard to explain.  I think only my sister can agree with me on this one ...

The food is extremely reasonable, especially for the large portions you receive.  If you are hungry, yet strapped for cash, the Spaghetti Factory is the place to be. The service is excellent and the food is quickly served.
I swear, the doors were made for giants.  They are huge!

It's a bit creepy inside.  Didn't I warn you?

The atmosphere on the main floor is a bit comforting in an unusual way.  I sat at a table with humongous, red chairs.  They are very luxurious giant chairs that made me laugh... There was also a bus (or is it a trolley?) in the middle of the restaurant.


Sourdough bread and butter.  It was different having sourdough bread.  It's  a clever business idea though. I would think that most people wouldn't enjoy eating more than one loaf of sourdough bread, which means the Old Spaghetti Factory could actually save money. 

After one loaf of sourdough bread, it was enough for me.  Of course, the kind waiter happened to notice our bread running low and decided to give us another loaf.  Now, i'm stuck with a loaf of sourdough bread. 

I can't complain.  It's free food.



An orea shake and a blackberry Italian Creme Soda.  Both were too good to be true.

My side salad

Cheese bread with Marinara Sauce.  Now, this is a 10/10 item.  A really good appetizer!

Spaghetti with chicken, sausage, meatballs, tabasco, cayenne peppers, and bell peppers.  It sounds good, but the looks of it disturbed my psyche. It also tasted a bit like beer ...

D, on the other hand, loved it.

The trio platter with spinach & cheese tortellini, lasagna, and chicken marsala.  It's a simple dish with a mix of items.  I get bored unless I eat a bunch of different things, so this was a better choice for me than the meaty spaghetti I tried above. 

The tortellini was a bit bland though, but the lasagna and chicken marsala was decent.  In a way, the lasagna reminded me of chow hall food, but it was comforting in some way.  I have no idea why...

 
I barely ate my food because I was already full off of the sour dough bread, the shake and  Italian Creme Soda, my side salad, and cheese bread.  Now, I have tons of food left over for lunch and dinner tomorrow.





After leaving the Old Spaghetti Factory, I noticed this beautiful flower native to Hawaii. 
I decided to go to the Old Spaghetti Factory tonight because I wanted to load up on a ton of carbs. Tomorrow, I'll be participating in my first 10K run, so I wanted food that would give me the energy I needed to make it through.

I also wanted to try the Old Spaghetti Factory again after all these years because it's a unique restaurant.  I wanted to try the food and enjoy the unusual atmosphere, no matter how weird that may seem.  I believe in trying things twice because you just never know what you may discover the second time around.  I am glad that I ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory tonight.  It is a place I will visit once in a while and I did enjoy myself tonight too.  It's just one of those places I guess ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails