Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Waikiki, Hawaii

For my dad's birthday, we went to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Waikiki.  It was the perfect place to go for the occassion since my dad loves steak and beer. 

Ruth's is more of an upscale steak place, one that has excellent service and good quality food.  However, for a student's budget, be careful not to drain your wallet there.  The good news, however, is that if you still want to enjoy Ruth's, there are some early bird specials from 5-6 p.m. for you to enjoy.  If you order the rib eye steak, for example, you can choose a salad, side, and a dessert for a fixed price. I'm glad I saw the special or else we would've paid much more.  Also, I would encourage you to share food with one another because it is the best way to enjoy a good meal there.

There's a bar and restaurant in Ruth's.  For you wine lovers, there is a large selection available.
Suprisingly, they also offer lavash among other types of bread before the meal.
I ordered the Ruth's chop salad with 13 different ingredients.  I actually didn't like it, although it is considered one of their top salads.  It wasn't the crazy looking shape that turned me off (although I almost had mistaken it for my casserole), but more of the taste that I didn't enjoy.  It wasn't flavorful enough for me. 
Th waiter said there was enough to share, but at most fancy places, they don't offer a lot of food.  I shared my salad, but for those of you who eat a lot, this might be considered half a salad.
The ceaser salad was excellent and I would order this again.  I'm just a simple kind of girl I guess.
Shimp ($15.00) ... It tased like cajun style shrimp, so I loved it.  But if you are hungry, i'd order something else because this item only comes with 6 pieces of shrimp.
Louisiana Seafood Gumbo (incredible)
Sauteed mushrooms (delicious)
My favorite dish was the sweet potato casserole.  You could eat it as a dessert.  I'd highly recommend you order it.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
The best steak I've ever eaten in my life, sizzling on a 500 degree plate.  I didn't order a steak, but the staff brought out extra 500 degree plates for sharing.  Luckily, D shared some of his rib eye. 
Strawberry Sorbet


It was a good idea to share.  Everyone had a chance to try a lot of different food at Ruth's and we were all full afterward.  My dad and D were so full, they didn't want dessert, so I ate both of theirs.  I couldn't believe how much I ate, but it was worth it.  

My dad couldn't have been more happy either.  Not only did he eat a juicy steak, he found out Ruth's offers Primo beer which he hasn't had since the 1970s.  It's a local beer that recently made a come-back.  

Ruth's isn't a place I can afford easily, so I'm glad that I had a nice dinner there among family  I wouldn't have had it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails