Friday, October 16, 2009

Moroccan-Spiced Tomato Chicken with Almonds

Tonight, I cooked "Moroccan-Spiced Tomato Chicken with Almonds."  The recipe is from "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two."  I used the 3-Quart slow cooker for this recipee.

Slow Cooker: 1 1/2 to 3 quart
Setting and Cook Time:  LOW for 2 to 2 1/2 hours

2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1 clove garlic, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup tomato salsa
2 tablespoons dried currants
4 teaspons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper taste

My cat Egg Roll could not stop staring at the slow cooker.  (And yes, there is a motorcyle in my living room - temporarily)




My 3 Quart Slower Cooker.  It's perfect for two!  Spray the inside of the crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.



Combine ingredients ...




Although only 1 clove is used, I added a ton more .... It's a must.  Not as much as below, but at least 2 tablespoons worth.



Thaw 4 pieces of chicken (if frozen).



First fry the slivered almonds until golden brown.  (I swear I bought a pack) Since I didn't have any slivered almonds or because I couldn't find any, I skipped step one. I fried the garlic for twenty seconds instead.



Brown the chicken on both sides with garlic.



Add the chicken to the slower cooker.  Pour the salsa sauce mixture over the chicken. 



The chicken was finally ready after 2 1/2 hours in the slow cooker. 

Overall, the meal turned out delicious because of the sauce, which tastes great over brown rice.  The chicken was plain, but tender.  It's a healthy meal!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails