Monday, October 5, 2009

Martha Stewart's Marinated Zucchini with Mint

I love Martha Stewart recipes. 

The recipe below is from Martha Stewart's "60 Days of Summer" magazine, pg. 117.  It's a healthy, simple, and flavorful vegetable side dish.  It exceeded my expectations, even though I did not have two of the ingredients.

Step 1:  Pre-heat oven to 475.  On two large rimmed baking sheets, toss 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise, with 2 tbls extra-virgin olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.  Roast until zucchini are tender and undersides are browned, 10-15 minutes.

Step 2: On a serving plate, sprinkle zucchini with 1 minced garlic clove and drizzle with 2 tbs oil and 1 tbs white-wine vinegar.  Let stand 1 hour (or refrigerate, up to overnight; bring to room temperature before serving).  To serve, sprinkle with 2 tbs fresh mint leaves, torn. (4 servings)







I did not have mint, so I could not add it to the dish.  I also did not have white-wine vinegar, so I used white vinegar instead. Suprisingly, the marinated zucchini still turned out delicious.  I believe the garlic made the flavor ...

It's a great side-dish for dinner and one that will surprise you, in a good way, even if you don't have all of the ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails