Monday, August 3, 2009

Simple Texas Moments

Although I'm staying in a small, quiet region of Texas, I appreciate the simplicity the area has to offer.

There are a ton of people who may complain there's nothing to do, but I enjoy being here because it's so different. I love how the day drags on ... I really mean it. It doesn't get dark out until 9:00 p.m., which makes me feel as if I have more time in a day. I love the slow place of life here!

I noticed this tree on the walk home and I think it's very beautiful! Yes, my life has totally become much more simplistic since much isn't around! I'm starting to notice things I might not have previously and it's nice to just be in the moment. Is this an Oak Tree? I love the way the trees look. Too classic!



The sunsets are awesome here, but nothing like the sunrises ... I must capture at least one sunrise on camera before leaving this small town. It was mesmerizing to see the sunrise, as I might've mentioned in a previous blog ... On the bus ride to school, I mentioned how I've never seen anything like a Texas sunrise. My classmate responded "Aren't you from Hawaii?" yes, I may be from Hawaii, but I've never witnessed a sunrise where the sun is glowing red and larger than I've ever seen in my entire life.



In smaller Texas towns, the shopping isn't the greatest, but I noticed some interesting buildings including a club called "Fuglies."




These are my recent observations ... yes, nothing fancy, but defintily different than what I'm used to. I am definitely having a great time here! I'm definitely easily pleased and try my best to appreciate my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails