Friday, December 10, 2010

Fogo De Chao - Beverly Hills, CA

While in California, we headed towards Beverly Hills to eat at Fogo De Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse with 16 types of prepared meats. 


The restaurant is quite unique.  First, you go to the salad bar.  It's not your typical salad bar either, where you can find romaine lettuce.  There were a lot of foods that were unfamiliar to me, such as the many cheeses available.  I ate a lot of first time foods, but it was interesting to try something different.  Have you ever heard of "palms?"  I thought I was eating artichoke, but it was some other vegetable I've never even heard of.  It must be fancy food!  The food at the salad bar was incredible.


I'm just an average girl, so all the fancy food at Fogo De Chao sure was interesting.  After eating at the salad bar, it was time to indulge in meat though.  I'm not much of a meat eater, but while there I ate my money's worth.  After all, it was $60.00 per person buffet, so there's no way I was holding back.

Just getting started here ...



Before you eat, you are given a card.  One side is red, the other green. When you are ready to eat meat, you flip your card to the green side.  Out of the woodworks, men carrying meat come out of nowhere, asking you if you want to try a particular type.  They ask you if you prefer medium, medium rare, etc.  Then, you take your mini tongs and grab the piece they cut for you.  Add it to your plate and enjoy!  It can be overwhelming at first when you are swarmed, but it was hillarious.  I started to wonder if people had speaker phones on them because as soon as we flipped the card, the reaction to serve us was quick as can be.  The service was truly top-notch.
It was my birthday that night and I got a free dessert!  It was great!  I really love flan.

When I return to California, I definitely want to take my dad there.  I know he would enjoy it.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails