Sunday, April 1, 2012

Miso Katsu - Nagoya, Japan

After not leaving my room for a week to finish my paper, I realized I needed a break.  I had to enjoy myself or else it might impair my ability to continue writing, so I decided to eat tonkatsu and shop at G.U. with J.

After all, today is commencement (April 1st) for our school, so I was up early anyway.

Everyone raves about tonkatsu in Japan.  Here in Nagoya, miso katsu is famous, which is no different than tonkatsu except there's miso on it.  The miso sauce they use tastes incredible ...

I tried some miso katsu today (finally) and it was AMAZING!  I had to wait an hour to eat at this place, but it was so worth it.  I think this might be my new favorite place ...



You crush the goma (sesame seeds) and put it on your tonkatsu ...

Rice with radish leaves ... It was GREAT!

A real deal dessert ...

For 200 Yen more, I get a parfait with my meal.  It had green tea ice cream, whip cream, cereal, a pocky stick, and some azuki beans in it.

I can't believe how much food I ate though. I felt like I was going to explode.  I didn't want to waste food though, so I decided I might as well eat whatever I could.  Next time, I'll have to be the crazy foreigner who brings a Tupperware to save my food.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails