Tonight, I made Coconut Mochi using my Hawaii's Best Mochi Recipes by Jean Watanabe Hee. By far, this is one of the easiest recipes for mochi, while it is also tasty, especially when eaten warm. For those of you who want a quick, coconut mochi treat, I would highly recommend this recipe.
2 Cups Mochiko Flour
1 Can Coconut Milk (13.5-oz)
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
Katakuriko (Potato Starch) for sprinkling
So how do you make Coconut Mochi? Easy!
1. Mix all the ingredients together, except for the katakuriko (potato starch). Stir until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a greased, glass dish. I used butter to grease the dish and an 8x8 glass dish.
3. Microwave on medium-high for 10 minutes. I used 70% to bake my mochi and it turned out great.
4. Let it sit for a few minutes in the glass dish. Then, dust cutting board with katakuriko.
5. Place mochi on cutting board with katakurko. Lightly dust all over mochi.
6. Cut into pieces. Enjoy!