Thursday, January 7, 2010

Washington D.C. - The White House and More

"Are you sure that's the White House? It's so small." 

I dreamed of visiting Washington D.C. as a child, a place I only viewed through pictures from a book I was given by my father. 

At 24, I finally had the chance to visit Washington D.C. for the first time.  The beauty of our nation's capitol was mesmerizing.  I walked for hours that day, taking in as many sights as possible. It wasn't enough. I could barely cover the area, missing out on far too much. I knew I would have to return.  And I'm glad I did.

After finally reaching Washington D.C. on our long road trip, I was happy as can be!  My Father-in-Law tagged along too.  It was his first time visiting the capitol, a place I know he will visit again.

The first stop on our Washington D.C. adventure?  The White House!

I love visiting the White House.  If only I could one day see the inside.  It would be amazing.  Of course, there would be no chance of seeing the President this time around.  He was in Hawaii, vacationing with his family. 

I am happy to say that I did get a chance to see the President and his family last year though, coincidentally, in Hawaii of all places.

If you plan to take photos of the White House and have a digital camera, bring different types of lens.  You'll have to zoom quite a bit if you want a close-up.




The National Christmas Tree




I found this statue to be quite intriguing... (If only the sunspot in my camera could be erased).




The American Red Cross displaying a banner "Supporting Our Troops."


A single day in Washington D.C. isn't enough time to see all the monuments, so choose the one's you want to see the most if you are limited on time.  For those of you who are lucky enough to spend more than a day in Washington D.C., enjoy your time there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails